Back in the day, Iron Mike Tyson was the ‘Baddest Man on the Planet.’ As a man personally, many of us have different opinions about him. However, no one can deny that in his prime, he was one of the greatest boxers who ever lived.
The following is a modified workout I’ve based off the regimen his trainer, Cus D-Amato, had him doing 7 days a week. By the way, in case you’re interested, at the end of this article is Tyson’s complete workout in case you want to give it a whirl.
Modified Tyson Workout:
- 30 minute run first thing when you wake up
- 1 to 10 rounds of shadow boxing or hitting the heavy bag (3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest). I like to shadow box using Bas Rutten’s MMA CDs.
- Max situps, max pushups, max dips, max shrugs (with dumbbells or kettlebells), and wrestler’s bridge
- At lunch or in evening, ride stationary bike
Actual Tyson Workout:
- 5am: get up and go for a 3 mile jog
- 6am: come back home shower and go back to bed
- 10am: eat oatmeal
- 12pm: do ring work (10 rounds of sparring)
- 2pm: have another meal (steak and pasta with fruit juice drink)
- 3pm: more ring work and 60 mins on the exercise bike
- 5pm: 2000 sit-ups; 500-800 dips; 500 push-ups; 500 shrugs with a 65 barbell and 10 mins of neck exercises
- 7pm: steak and pasta meal again with fruit juice (orange i think it was)
- 8pm: another 30 minutes on the exercise bike then watch TV and then go to bed.